INSURANCE FRAUD

View latest information at my new site:

www.FraudBarrister.com.au

Tsoutsoulis v. IMA (RACV Insurance) –I acted for a brother and sister who owned an investment property in a northern suburb of Melbourne, which was destroyed by fire shortly after a tenant vacated. RACV Insurance refused to indemnify them under a contract of insurance, alleging my clients (or someone acting on their instructions) deliberately lit the fire and they attempted to make a fraudulent claim. I assisted my clients in dealings with the police. No charges were laid. I also issued on behalf of my clients legal proceedings in the County Court of Victoria against their insurer. The case went to trial. Judgement was ordered in favour of my clients and the insurer was ordered to pay the full amount of their claim plus costs and interest.