REPRESENTING VICTIMS OF FRAUD

Latest version of my site can be found here:
www.FraudBarrister.com.au

These are a sample of some of the significant fraud matters I have been involved with where I have acted for victims of fraud:

O’Sullivan Furniture Inc. v. Askew
– my client, a large US company (manufacturer of furniture) had been defrauded by the managing director of its Australian subsidiary. Allegations included breach of fiduciary duty and misappropriation of substantial sums of money. After supervising a covert investigation I issued legal proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria, which included asset freezing and search orders/injunctions. Upon settlement of the civil proceeding I liaised with the Major Fraud Group of Victoria Police and the fraudster was ultimately jailed.

Deniliquin Freighters v. Lawson – my client, a substantial transport company based in Deniliquin, NSW, had been defrauded by its Finance Director. After supervising the investigation into the fraud, I issued legal proceedings for my client in the Supreme Court of New South Wales. Allegations included breach of fiduciary duty and misappropriation of substantial sums of money. I liaised with the Managing Director and the forensic investigator (Shane Ringin, Proactive Strategies) during a covert investigation and then successfully obtained asset freezing and search orders/injunctions. Upon settlement of the civil proceeding I liaised with detectives from the NSW police and the fraudster was ultimately jailed.

Apex Electrical v. Arsen & Westpac

Local Mix Concrete v. Di Sieno

The Over 50’s Friendly Society v. Doublet & National Australia Bank